At Þverá is a traditional turf house built in 1849-1851. All of Iceland´s remaining turf houses now belong to our National Museum and are a part of the National Museum’s Historic Buildings Collection.
Þverá turf house has belonged to the museum since 1968 and it was preserved in 1990.
There is an old church at Þverá, built 1878.
This photo is from the church window showing the old turf house at Þverá.
Photo Regína Hrönn Ragnarsdóttir